Saturday, September 5, 2009

Devil went down to Georgia

The devil went down to Georgia, he was looking for a soul to steal.
He was in a bind 'cos he was way behind: he was willin' to make a deal.
When he came across this young man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot.
And the devil jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:
"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
"Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy, but give the devil his due:
"I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."

Then Johnny was all like, "Aw crap."


Over the summer I had the idea to illustrate some songs. Now I'm two weeks into school and somehow this is the only one that went anywhere. All the credit goes out to Charlie Daniels and his mad fiddle skillz.

2 comments:

Chubs said...

If a poster size of this could just happen to find its way to me, that'd be awesome

Dave Armstrong said...

there MAY be an 11 inch tall statue of this in the works. So if you have some spare room on a bookshelf or a table leg that's 11 inches short, you maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay have a present coming your way.