Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Cap'n

I have an oddly large amount of childhood memories of Captain Crunch cereal. I remember being sick with a fever and I couldn't sleep so I got to eat Peanut Butter Crunch in the middle of the night (which seemed so cool for some reason) and I remember going to my grandparents house around Christmas and my grandmother would make a special note to buy Christmas Crunch for my brother and me to eat when we woke up. Anyway, the point (I guess) is that there are few breakfast foods that I treasure more than the Cap'n (so close, Scrapple), so when I got a class assignment to design the back of a cereal box, it was an easy choice (suck it, Frankenberry).

Oh and the contest and online game mentioned on the box are made up so don't bother looking for them.

Something else I should probably note, it's been 20 days since my last post. I'm not happy about that. A large chunk of it is because my computer was in the shop, but most of it is because I've been lazy. So sometime in the near future I'm hoping to get back into the swing I was in over the summer and posting something new on here every other day (I'm not about to promise a sketch-a-day deal because I don't want to flat out lie to you...fib maybe, but not lie). So be on the lookout for that.

No comments: