Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Vincent Gallo

This is the second piece in the series of regional directors and it features Vincent Gallo. I don't really expect anyone who reads this blog to be familiar with any of his films, but he's known for The Brown Bunny and Buffalo '66 but probably better known hexing Roger Ebert and calling him a "fat pig with the physique of a slave trader."

The editor of GLL has a little thing for Gallo so exaggeration wasn't as encouraged with this portrait so it wound up being a lot more realistic than I typically enjoy. Hopefully the screen tone and crazy colors make it a little less dull.


Tune into tomorrow for Mr. Zombie himself, George Romero.

2 comments:

Rabbit Town Art said...

I dont know who the dude is but I think the illustration is fabulous, great colour choices and I like the lil bunny on his shirt.

Mike Puncekar said...

Oh hey, the blowjob movie guy. Crappy film... pretty alright blowjob scene though...

I really am liking these movie series illustrations. The Romero one in particular is doing a heck of a lot of good things.